Mr. Sachin D. Datey
The Department of Electrical Engineering started in the year 2012. Currently it offers under graduate course, which covers various aspects of Electrical Engineering such as Power System, Microprocessor Application, Control System, High Voltage Studies, Machine Design, Power Electronics.
The Department of Electrical Engineering is very well equipped with laboratory facilities and constantly upgrading available hardware and software to create opportunity to learn and progress in different technical domains.
The Department is having enthusiastic, dedicated, young as well as experienced faculties.Some of the faculty members are pursuing their doctoral research. The Department also has Teacher Guardian Scheme to counsel student and monitor their progress.
The Department firmly believes in overall progress of student, to achieve the same, Department organizes and motivates the students to attend VAP, Technical Workshops, STP I-V, Invited Talks, Industrial Visits, Technical fest –TECHTONIC, cultural fest- SPANDAN-NEON, Sport Activities..
To provide an excellent learning environment for an electrical engineering students to that may inculcate the habit of innovation, research , lifelong learning and utilize the same for the benefit of the society.
- To educate and train then students so that they can acquire requisite technical breath & communication skill.
- Commitment to world class teaching, industry collaboration & outreach programs.
- To inculcate research aptitude in students and motivate them to practice innovation.
- To achieve excellent academic performance in the university examination,implement effective teaching learning process (TLP).
- To prepare students to be able to apply electrical engineering skills to a variety of challenges in industry, academia, or in the pursuit of other fields.
- To make the students employable, introducing various skill development programs like Student Training Programs (STP) and Value Addition Programs (VAP).
- For overall development of the students to provide the opportunity for participation in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- To encourage the students and faculties for participating in various research activities.
- To upgrade the staff qualification for the fulfilment of frequent changes in technology and education system.
- To provide proper guidance related to the subjects by expert talk in the department.
- To transform the students into efficient engineers as well as a good human being.
Short Term Goals
- To practice innovative teaching methodologies so that teaching learning process can be optimized.
- To provide an industrial exposure to faculty and students.
- To strengthen the Research & Development activities
- To arrange Special training sessions for students of rural background. This will aid them in improving their Communication Skills.
- To provide consultancy to industries and undertake the industrial project.
Long Term Goals
- To promote quality research projects keeping in view of their relevance to needs and requirements of technology in local industry.
- To introduce industry relevant programme in association with leading industries and corporate.
- To enhance testing & consultancy facilities to various Government, Semi Government, and private Organizations with a view to enhance additional resources.
- To become renowned center of learning in field of Electrical Engineering.
Department PEO & PO
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
I. Preparation :
To provide opportunity to learn and acquire knowledge of basic mathematical, professional and technical fundamentals, so as to prepare students to succeed in technical profession at global level and to enable them to excel in further education.
II. Core competence:
To develop an ability among students to innovate, communicate, analyze, interpret and apply technical concepts to solve real life problems and to create novel products.
To aware and achieve scientific and engineering breadth amongst student through various curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
To inculcate professional and ethical attitude in students, to enable them to excel in engineering profession.
V. Learning Environment:
To accomplish overall development of the students; with the aid of activity and project based learning environment.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
- demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- exhibit an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- prove an ability to design module and conduct experiments with existing systems, analyze and interpret data.
- demonstrate an ability of analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- show an ability to visualize and work on thelaboratory for thedesign of lab innovation in multidisciplinary tasks.
- adopt skills to use modern engineering tools, software and Equipment to analyze problems.
- make evident knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- show the understanding of theimpact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering principal to apply to one’s own work, as a member.
- develop confidence in self-education and ability for life-long learning through higher education.