SIBAR tries to make its students more conversant towards the society by making them work ceaselessly to upgrade and offer services to the underprivileged and lower economic strata of society, at the same attain to social issues. To take this initiative forward, the community Social Responsibility (CSR) department of SIBAR sought to sensitize students towards the needs of the society by making them actively participate in an array of activities. The CSR team constituting Teachers and Students effectively elicited the below mention activities;
- Yoga day:-In order to assist the staff of SIBAR in the attainment of their physical and mental well-being and to develop a sound health in achieving inner calmness a yoga day was arranged for the faculties and staff.
- Organ Donation:-To create awareness among the students regarding importance & necessity of Organ Donation, the awareness session was conducted by Dr. Satyajit Phuke & his team from Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College & General Hospital. It shed light on important information on organ donation & Coordination during the process of organ donation.
- Tree plantation: - CSR has organized an A tree plantation campaign. It was well organized by the student volunteers .10 saplings were purchased and planted at Kondhwa hospital.
- Candle March:- A candle march was organized by our students to pay homage to 17 soldiers of Indian Army who were brutally killed by terrorists in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir. Two-minute silence was observed to pray for the brave hearts who sacrificed their lives in service of the nation. At the same, appealed to the world with burning candles for peace in front of a chart displaying all the 17 martyrs.
- Joy of giving:- In today’s life, where people have become busy in getting things for making a living, these words have taken a backseat. But, SIBAR faculties and Students took out time from their busy schedule to conduct a CSR activity for the children of Physically Challenged. The student and faculties visited Apanga Kalyankari Sanstha in Wanowrie, Pune. They distributed sweets on the festive occasion of Navratri. A Gesture to bring happiness in the lives of children in the Apanga Kalyankari Sanstha.
- Ban plastic:- “Rally for plastic ban – step towards Green Campus” was successfully organized by the student volunteers .They prepared placards and street play to create awareness amongst student community regarding the damage the use of plastic makes to mother earth.
- Girl child empowerment: - CSR activity to empower girl child was organized in attaining the needs of these girls in Hindhu Anath Ashram with an intention to bring to bring cheers to the children in this orphanage. To engage in visiting this orphanage home and see to their needs and general well-being ,and trying to contribute in some or other form for their well-being.To restore hope to them at during this festivity of Diwali by sharing with them the Gifts. To empower them by encouraging them to take up studies seriously and actively participate in the extracurricular.
- Supply of basic necessities:-The need for personal care products is of utmost importance for the girls. These needs are to be understood, as it is extremely difficult for the girls to ask for. Thus an earnest effort was made by CSR Group of SIBAR to distribute amongst these orphan girls these basic necessity products.